Cross-country road trips can be a great bonding experience for your family, but let’s face it, many times they can also cause major headaches. Kids start fighting, somebody gets sick, the car breaks down, the list goes on…
According to statisticbrain.com, “Each year over 650 million long distance summer trips are made” and 91% of those are in personal vehicles. To make sure your vehicle is ready for the trip, check out these car safety tips:
- Do any preventative maintenance on your car before leaving that hasn’t been done very recently. Most importantly, get an oil change.
- Make sure your tires are in good shape and not under or over inflated.
- Double check that car seats are installed correctly.
- Secure all items in the trunk and make sure nothing is blocking the back window.
- Pack a small first aid kit to have on hand for minor emergencies.
Read further to learn more about making your summer road trip a safe (and fun) one.