When it’s time for your “baby” to leave the nest and head to college, you have a lot of decisions to make as a parent. Your emotions may be going in a hundred directions, but it’s important to carefully consider your choices – including whether or not your new freshman should keep a car on campus.
Here are some questions to ask yourself:
- Is it convenient for the family?
- Is your child responsible enough to have their own car?
- Who will be allowed to drive the vehicle?
- Are cars allowed on campus for freshman?
- Would you rather your kid drive or hitch rides?
While there are many issues to think about before deciding what is best for your college student, safety is the most important. If you decide to send a car, make sure it is safe and reliable.
For more details regarding cars on college campuses, read this blog.
Also, browse this article published by USA Today that discusses universities with the most cars on campus.