When it comes to buying or selling your car, it’s vital to understand how to make the process go smoothly and successfully. If you choose to list your car on the Autotrader or another online car shopping service, doing your homework before you list is the first step!
- Research important facts regarding your vehicle.
- Be very detailed when you place the ad.
- Use quality photos.
- Be honest. Disclose any issues that your car may have.
- Be up front about pricing and whether you are willing to negotiate.
- Return all messages.
The Atlanta based Autotrader was created in 1997 and is the most visited third-party car shopping site. It also has the most engaged audience of in-market shoppers. Other popular similar online services include:
- eBay Motors (http://www.ebay.com/motors?afsrc=1&rmvSB=true)
- TrueCar (https://www.truecar.com/)
- AutoTempest (http://www.autotempest.com/)
- Cars.com (https://www.cars.com/)
- Carvana (http://www.carvana.com/)
- Carlypso (https://www.carlypso.com/)
Check out this infographic for tips on how to buy/sell a car online, or learn how you can bypass this option and have a quality dealership help you find the car of your dreams!